Breaking News

Global updates: Over 722,000 now infected with coronavirus, nearly 34,000 dead

BINTANGNEWS.com - Sumber Media Press.tv berbahasa Inggris melaporkan," Coronavirus baru kini telah menelan 33.997 jiwa orang dan menginfeksi 722.435 lainnya di seluruh dunia, menurut data yang dihimpun oleh Universitas Johns Hopkins.


Italia terus menjadi hotspot utama untuk infeksi virus. Pandemi telah membuat seluruh dunia terhenti, dengan pemerintah dan orang-orang berjuang untuk menyelamatkan lebih banyak nyawa dan mengurangi biaya penyakit.

Berikut ini adalah sekilas perkembangan terbaru terkait pandemi.

Kematian Italia berkurang

Italia mengatakan jumlah kematian akibat penyakit itu turun untuk hari kedua berturut-turut pada hari Minggu.

Menurut departemen Perlindungan Sipil negara itu, 756 orang meninggal pada hari Minggu, sehingga totalnya menjadi 10.779. Korban hari Minggu adalah 133 lebih kecil dari pada hari Sabtu.

 Still, the overall tally is more than a third of all the deaths from the virus worldwide.

The total number of confirmed cases in Italy also rose to 97,689 on Sunday, from a previous 92,472.


It was the lowest daily rise in new cases since Wednesday.

The country, however, is still bracing for the peak. And restrictions on all but essential activities that were due to expire on Friday will be officially extended.


"Langkah-langkah yang akan berakhir pada 3 April pasti akan diperpanjang, ”kata Menteri Urusan Regional Francesco Boccia. “Saya pikir tidak pantas dan tidak bertanggung jawab untuk membicarakan pembukaan kembali (sekolah dan tempat produksi).”

Menurut media Italia, pembatasan itu bisa berlangsung selama dua minggu hingga 18 April.

Korban tewas Spanyol melewati 6.800

Spanyol, negara terparah kedua di Eropa, telah menyetujui penguatan langkah-langkah untuk mengekang penyebaran wabah, yang menewaskan 838 orang pada hari Minggu.

Jumlah total kematian mencapai 6.803, dan kasus yang dikonfirmasi 80.110.

Perdana Menteri Pedro Sanchez mengatakan pada Sabtu malam bahwa semua pekerja yang tidak penting harus tinggal di rumah selama dua minggu. Tindakan itu akan berlangsung dari 30 Maret hingga 9 April.

Spanyol sudah hampir terkunci total selama tiga minggu.

Local German finance minister kills self over outbreak’s economic toll

In Germany, the finance minister of Hesse State, Thomas Schafer, who was a member of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union, has killed himself, reportedly due to becoming “deeply worried” about the outbreak’s economic toll on the country.

Governor Volker Bouffier said Sunday that Schafer, 54, had become consumed with how to handle the fact that the coronavirus crisis was sending global markets into free fall.

He said the minister had been concerned about “whether it would be possible to succeed in fulfilling the population’s huge expectations, particularly of financial help.”

Schaefer had held his position for a decade.

Germany has had the lowest fatality toll from the coronavirus in the world, with a total number of 541 deaths; but it has the fifth-largest infection tally, with 62,435 confirmed cases.


Rusia mengkarantina Moskow, mendesak daerah lain untuk melakukannya

Rusia telah mengumumkan karantina di seluruh kota yang tidak terbatas di ibukota, Moskow, mulai Senin, ketika infeksi kota itu melampaui 1.000 orang selama akhir pekan, kata Walikota Sergei Sobyanin.

Penduduk di ibukota akan diizinkan meninggalkan rumah mereka untuk perawatan medis darurat, untuk bepergian ke tempat kerja jika mereka tidak dapat bekerja dari jarak jauh, untuk berbelanja di toko bahan makanan atau apotek terdekat, dan untuk hewan peliharaan berjalan dalam radius 100 meter dari rumah mereka. tempat tinggal.

Negara ini memiliki 1.534 kasus infeksi coronavirus yang dikonfirmasi dan sembilan kematian.

Perdana Menteri Mikhail Mishustin meminta gubernur regional negara itu pada hari Senin untuk mempertimbangkan memberlakukan pembatasan yang sama pada pergerakan di kota mereka juga.

China continues to see drop in cases, president urges firms to reopen

China reported a drop in new COVID-19 cases for the fourth consecutive day on Sunday.

Officials said on Monday that 31 new coronavirus cases had been recorded on Sunday, including one locally transmitted infection, dropping from the 45 cases reported a day earlier.

With four new deaths on Sunday, the cumulative death toll in mainland China reached 3,304, and the infection figure now stands at 82,149.

This has prompted the government to urge businesses and factories to reopen for a recovery.

President Xi Jinping said that his government would adjust support policies for small and medium-sized firms promptly as the situation developed to protect them from the impact of the coronavirus epidemic.

Chinese firms should actively resume operations and production even as coronavirus prevention efforts continue, Xi said on Sunday.


India tidak memiliki rencana untuk memperpanjang kuncian total, gelombang besar belum datang

Pemerintah India mengatakan pada hari Senin bahwa mereka tidak memiliki rencana untuk memperpanjang penutupan seluruh negara melebihi tiga minggu.

Perdana Menteri Narendra Modi memberlakukan kuncian total pada populasi 1,3 miliar orang pekan lalu. Dia memerintahkan orang untuk tetap di dalam ruangan sampai 15 April.

Dekrit itu telah menyebabkan jutaan orang India yang miskin menganggur dan kelaparan. Ratusan ribu pekerja yang hidup dengan upah harian meninggalkan kota-kota besar dengan berjalan kaki ke rumah mereka di pedesaan, banyak di antaranya memiliki keluarga.

Itu telah menjadi tantangan bagi pemerintah karena membutuhkan pekerja di kota-kota besar seperti New Delhi dan Mumbai. Ini memerintahkan pihak berwenang pada hari Minggu untuk menghentikan pekerja migran dari pindah.

Negara ini telah melaporkan total 1.071 kasus COVID-19, bersama dengan 29 kematian, menurut Departemen Kesehatan.

Para pejabat kesehatan telah memperingatkan bahwa India masih beberapa minggu lagi dari lonjakan besar dalam kasus-kasus yang dapat membanjiri sistem kesehatan masyarakat yang lemah.

Japan planning to ban entry from US, China, South Korea, Europe

Japan is planning to place an entry ban on foreign nationals who have recently been to the United States, China, South Korea, and most of Europe, as its number of COVID-19 infections reached 1,896 on Monday.

The measure would apply to the foreigners who have been to any of the countries within 14 days of arriving in Japan.

South Korea cases rise steadily

South Korea on Monday reported 78 new COVID-19 cases, indicating a fairly steady rate of infections.

The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said the national tally stood at 9,661, while the death toll rose by six to 158.

Meanwhile, the South Korean Foreign Ministry is set to raise its travel advisory for the United States, China, South Korea, and most of Europe. It plans to call on citizens to “avoid all travel” to those places, according to government sources.

President Moon Jae-in held an emergency meeting with economic policymakers to discuss financial support for the public. He is expected to announce details of the measures later on Monday.


Australia memperketat tindakan

Australia telah memperketat langkah-langkah menjaga jarak fisik karena jumlah total kasus yang terinfeksi mencapai 3.984 bersama dengan 18 kematian secara nasional.

Perdana Menteri Scott Morrison memperingatkan bahwa tidak lebih dari dua orang harus berkumpul di satu tempat di luar rumah tangga.

Pemerintah mengatakan akan menggunakan denda dan ancaman penjara untuk menegakkan aturan baru.

 Netanyahu’s aide tests positive for COVID-19

In a related development, an aide to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has tested positive for COVID-19.

Israeli officials said on Monday that the parliamentary aide had been present at a parliament session last week that was attended by Netanyahu as well as opposition lawmakers.

It was not clear if the 70-year-old prime minister had been exposed.

Netanyahu had been tested for the virus as a precaution earlier this month, according to his office, which said at the time that the result was negative.

Israel has reported 4,247 cases and 15 fatalities so far.

Netanyahu was scheduled to convene officials on Monday to discuss a proposed lockdown of certain areas.







Sumber: Presstv.com


Editing: T. Bintang